1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading from Radeon 6670 to radeon 5770

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Greenestofbeards, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenestofbeards

Greenestofbeards Thread Starter

So i recently upgraded from the Radeon 6670 to the Radeon 5770 and I haven't noticed much of a huge graphics increase and i was just wondering why this might be, defective graphics card not enough power from my power supply bottlenecking at the processor. Figured i'de make a post here so some one could help me figure it out.

My power supply is 520 watts

My processor is the AMD Athlon II 2 x4 635 processor 4 cpu's 2.9 ggz\

I'm sure more info is needed to help figure out whats wrong, but i will need to know how to get that info and what info is needed.

Oh and examples of this problem are, in World of Warcraft i am essentially getting the same FPS with the same graphics settings even though the game now recommends i should play on Ultra.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    There shouldn't be much of an improvement as the cards benchmarks are fairly close.

check tomshardware gpu charts.

3. donsor

donsor

Funny thing but when I upgraded, it was from AMD Radeon HD 5770 to an AMD Radeon HD 6770.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice