1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading gfx card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reaper616, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reaper616

reaper616 Thread Starter

Hey, I am currently thinking about upgrading my gfx untill I get a new computer I am going from a gfx with 128mb memory to one with 256mb, now before I buy it I want to know will I see any difference in gameplay or won't it change much at all?

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice

Depends.....Whats your budget and what card do you have now? and which do you plan to upgrade too...?

3. Compiler

Compiler

Upgrading a graphic card to one with MORE-MEMORY means nothing. You can easily Downgrade... Like going from a 7800GTX/128mb to a much slower 7300/256.

Memory is for how much info it can process... and higher RES = higher memory demands.

A cheap video card with lots of memory = useless. not enough horse power to actually use the memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!