1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Graphic Card SIMPLE HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NoIdeaWhatsoever, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoIdeaWhatsoever

NoIdeaWhatsoever Thread Starter

ATI Radeon HD 3450 Upgrading to AMD Radeon HD 6570

Unistalled old card via "Programs & Features" in Control Panel

Restarted Cpu. Took out old card, put in new one.

I do not know if i have this "PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard"
    Nor do i know much about HDMI, VGA, DVI

So, i start up cpu & use CD to install card. Went flawlessly and installed nicely.. Restarted CPU and was in excitement to see new graphics on Black Ops, so i started the game to come across a message, and same with GTA. Then it also has other errors. Pictures here: http://imageshack.us/g/815/20111210192531.jpg/

I restarted CPU, after facing the Black Ops error. Then started getting "No ATI graphic card installed" but it's in there and was installed with CD properly..

I used the regular VGA cord to connect to display screen (21.5 inches), Do i need more? HDMI + DVI?
    Because, it would make sense. Says on the box " VGA, HDMI, DVI"

So, right now. I tried to reinstall old graphic card but no luck as i am not experienced in this kind of stuff..I restarted CPU and windows automatically found my old graphic card so it installed it... So i restart cpu then it says "No ATI card" Like wtf?

CPU SPECS: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
    3.00GB Ram
    Vista 32 bit operating system

Anyone have any insight on how to fix this.. Any help would be appreciated thanks

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, we have no idea what we are working on; post your exact system specs; ie make and model of mb, exact pw supply installed, etc.

Next here is how to properly install a new video card;
    1 Uninstall ALL software related to the card using control panel; ie driver, any editing software, any control app, etc
    2 When prompted to reboot, do not. Just shutdown the system and pull out your old card
    3 Install new card and pw ON the system. Do not use any supplied CD. Go to the amd/ati site and download the latest driver for your card. Install the driver and reboot when prompted. Note you can download the driver prior to removing the old card; just do not attempt an install until your new card is installed.

Note for ati cards, I never install all of the stuff that comes on a CD. I install just the driver files downloaded from ati. IMO the CCC is problematic at best and often causes problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice