1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Graphics Crad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vinny939, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vinny939

vinny939 Thread Starter

I have a
    Philips MT1400,
    p4 3.06ghz
    1gb ram
    ati radeon 9250 256mb
    ecs 661gx-m7 mobo

i have had it a few years now and the gfx card isnt up to it for playing some decent games now and am wondering if it can be upgraded i am looking at a radeon x1550 512mb gfx card but after nosing around the net i have come across a few forums stating that you cant upgrade the gfx card on my pc so am wondering if anyone here knows different

thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The motherboard has an AGP 8x slot so you should be able to replace the video card with a better one. You may have an issue with the power supply if you want a really high-end gaming card though. Do you know how many Watts the power supply is? You may need to open up the case and read the power supply label. However the X1550 isn't exactly the best gaming card. What games do you wish to play and whats your budget?

3. matthew0155

matthew0155

crad.... embarrassing.

4. vinny939

vinny939 Thread Starter

Only really play a few games Command and Conquer 3, Doom 3, Neverwinter Nights 1 but pc wont play neverwinter nights 2, on the psu it says 260w with a max of 300w. my budget is up to £100 for the card any more than that and i'd rather get a new pc

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. vinny939

vinny939 Thread Starter

definately worth thinking about, Cheers for your help Triple6 much appreciated

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice