Upgrading Hp Pavilion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bonkers72

Just picked up a Hp Pavilion. Got it with just the basics. It's a 2.93 Ghz Pentium 4, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache. Has 1, 256 mb of ram. For a 2.93 ghz..........this thing is a sled as far as muti tasking!! I know I need to add more ram.....what do I get as far as what kind, etc? It's in a DIMM slot. I want to get a separate video card too instead of an on board one. A link to newegg would be nice and any suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thanks, B-72

The actual model of Pavilion is helpful for determining what type/how much of RAM you should get, as well as what type of video card would make the most sense.

bonkers72

It's a Pavilion a1110y. Just went to crucial.com and did a scan of the system. It says this can handle up to 4096mb of ram. I'll be happy with a gig. Says there is one DDR2 PC2-3200 {256 mb} slot 1. What do I need for a gig? {Newegg link}..........Thanks B-72

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online