Upgrading Internet Explorer 6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daveh334

I have tried to upgrade to Internet Explorer 6. It completes the installation but it say that It couldn't install it because there is something still running. I have closed everything except Explorer and Systray, so there isn't anything running. I have also tried to install it thru the safe mode and have the still problem. I am running Microsoft ME Mcafee Virus Scan 6. I also have Nortons Cleansweep 2002 installed in my machine.
Has anyone else had that problem and did they find a solution.
Please write me if you have a solution. My e-mail address is Daveh334@aol.com
Thanks

Hi Daveh334,You might have some spyware,running in the background. Download this program (AD-Aware5.6),and see if there is any on your system.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Just keep in mind that some programs wont run if you remove the spyware,programs like Kazaa,bearshare,imesh,etc,etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online