1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deansgirl, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

Hey all

I have a Dell Vostro 1500

Specs are:

Operating System: Vista Ultimate
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00ghz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
    2Gb of ram

And i want to know if it is at all possible to upgrade it? I would like to, one day, upgrade the Processor and Ram and maybe the graphics card.

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

Hmm i see so would i be better off with a custom made PC next time round rather than a laptop? We have a custom made PC which we recently upgraded the hard drive, PSU and graphics card on and that was fairly simple. My father is the brains behind that though!

What would you say is the best casing to buy? Our current one is an X-Infinity but my father wants to build one for himself because he has the old Packard Bell.

4. BG-0

BG-0

Antec 300 for basic functionality and good cooling for mid-high-range CPUs and graphics cards. After and before that, there's millions of choices, all depends on your taste... If you like artisticly shaped windows and 1-7-colored LEDs, there's that kind of cases. If you like plain, glossy black/silver finish with only fans at the front and rear, you have that kind of cases to choose from. And everything from between.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785143