1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrading mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by max091, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max091

max091 Thread Starter

I`m having trouble upgrading my mobo.I have an older p4 1.40 ghz standard type cpu.The original mobo is a ecs model925 v1.0 with fsb @400mhz Iwant to upgrade my video but this board only handles 4x agp.I have tried a pc chips p4 fsb800 model m981g and an abit v17 pt880 and both did the same thing-they powered up but did nothing else,no video,no dos not even a code beeb. With the abit i even upgraded to a 400w power supply.Right now I`m not sure but I believe i have a 300w supply installed. I guess my question is can I get a mobo-cpu combo,and if I do do i have to reinstall my hdd to this board.It is a hitachi deskstar 7k80 80gig 7200rpm.The vid card i have-want to use is an xfx nvidia gforce 5200 fx agp-8x ,any suggestions are welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/378113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice