1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrading my computer hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ininnaig, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ininnaig

Ininnaig Thread Starter

Whats up everyone

I need some advice regarding upgrades to my computer. I've had it for around 3 years now and never upgraded it. I never had any reason to really until now. I played wow for about 2 years and i quiet about 5months ago. My computer ran wow fine and that was really all i did with it besides surfing the web. Some of my friends started playing warhammer a few weeks ago and they say its really good so i need to upgrade my computer.
    The system requirerments for warhammer online are

• 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
    • 1 Gigabyte RAM
    • A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    • At least 15 GB of hard drive space

and below is what i have
    Manufacturer Shuttle Inc Model FN41SP Version Serial Number North Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 Revision C1 South Bridge NVIDIA nForce2 MCP-T Revision C1 CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ Cpu Socket Socket A (462) System Slots 1 PCI, 1 AGP Memory Summary Maximum Capacity 1024 MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size 32 MBytes Memory Slots 2Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / One Core / One Logical Processor / 32 bits CPU Full Name AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ Vendor AuthenticAMD CPU Name AMD Athlon XP CPU Code Name Barton Platform Name Socket A (462) Technology 0.13 ┬Ám Instructions MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE System Clock 167.0 MHz FSB 334.1 MHz L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes L1 Instructions Cache 64 KBytes L2 Cache 512 KByteand 2

Samsung Part Number M3 68L3223ETM-CCC Serial Number 450A92AC Capacity 256 MBytes Memory Type DDR (PC3200) Speed 200 MHz Supported Frequencies 166 MHz, 200 MHz Memory Timings 2-3-3-7-0 at 166 MHz, at 2.5 volts (CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC) Memory Timings 3-3-3-8-0 at 200 MHz, at 2.5 volts (CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC) Data Width 64 bits Manufacturing Date 2003, Week 17 EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No

Thanks for any help in advance

2. brite750

brite750

well there really isnt too much sense to upgraded something that old although is sounds like war hammer doesnt have very high requirements. you should run belarc advisor to get better idea of what your specs are but it looks like an old amd socket A mb with agp gfx and pc3200 ram. ususal for games you want a decent gfx card i dont see what you have now.
    more than likely you will need everything new except you cdrom drive and new dvd burners are only like $25 so you are looking at probably case, psu, mb, ram, cpu, gfx card, sata hdd, dvd burner probably get something decent for around $700

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!