1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading my computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Airow, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airow

Airow Thread Starter

Well my computer right now doesnt let me play steam games for some reason and i need to upgrade some things so hopefully it will allow me to play them after i upgrade it.
    The parts i have in my computer that i will be keeping are:
    2 ATI Radeon 4870x2
    1 150gb hdd
    1 500gb hdd
    Dvd drives
    1100 watt Psu

So Im going to get the core i5 but im not sure what motherboard is compatible with it and supports crossfire. Also im not familiar with what kind and how much ram i should get. I believe thats all i need. I think ill just keep my current case but i will have to change my heatsink for the core i5 not sure which one is good. Please help

2. Compiler

Compiler

If you got the budget, I'd look more at an i7 class system to allow more upgrade options.

You have two 4870x2 cards... wow... :) Two 5870s would destroy them... But I'm guessing you're waiting for the 5850x2 cards to come put :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!