1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading My CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMDGaming, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AMDGaming

AMDGaming Thread Starter

Hello,
    I plan to eventually upgrade my processor to the new AMD A10-4600M. I love my laptop, but I sometimes have trouble when it comes to cooling. I was wondering if I should buy a better fan for my processor when I upgrade it then what is stock.

Thanks

2. samjhon1188

samjhon1188

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Most laptop CPU's cannot be upgraded. In most cases, it's a waste of time, anyway, since it runs pretty much the same after an upgrade. The speed of a machine depends on a lot more than the CPU.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Laptop fans are NOT universal or something you can just buy off the shelf. The fan/cooling you have now is pretty much the best it'll be without going for an external solution.

Do you have any confirmation from the laptop manufacturer that their system will support a new processor? Very few manufacturers release BIOS updates to add support for new/future processors unless they plan on re-using that exact system with the new processor and thats not always possible due to power consumption and heat that a new processor may bring.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!