1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Upgrading my laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThatRandomGuy6022, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThatRandomGuy6022

ThatRandomGuy6022 Thread Starter

Hi i have a lenovo g50-30 notebook and i want to do something about my laptops performance.I only have 2gb's of ram now and i've been wondering : Should i try to upgrade my ram ? Or should i go for something else?
    Because my computer's performance is already bad,since i have to play an game on low (this applies to all games) and i want to do something , but i dont know if i should try to upgrade my ram Or should i try to buy a SSD . If a laptop's proccesor would have been changeble then i would buy another proccesor .I dont know if i should go with a ram boost or look for an SSD (I need advice)

Curently i have my eyes on :
    • Kingston HyperX FURY 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM
    • Geil Evo Veloce Hot-rod Red 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    • Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    I really need advices on what should i look for .
    -ThatRandomGuy

2. OverTallman

OverTallman Jacky

According to this thread, G50-30 supports up to 8GB DDR3L RAM with a single memory slot, you'll need a single 8GB DDR3L module, not a pair of 4GB modules.

CPU is soldered so not upgradeable unless you change the mobo as well.
    While SSD can give a big boost in performance, it depends on how much you're willing to spend on this laptop.

3. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Since it's a laptop, you're nearly always going to be limited with upgrade options. With one bank available, according to Crucial, you could max it out to 8GB.

Ideally, you'd want to max out the RAM and get a SSD. However, if it's an either/or option right now, I'd recommend the RAM. 2GB is a bit on the low side, and especially if you enjoy gaming. The SSD will be the icing on the cake.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182125