1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading, Need some advice !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrew2802, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andrew2802

andrew2802 Thread Starter

Hey there, i'm new to the forums and I need some help :).

I am thinking about upgrading my computer and was wondering if I could get some advice on the best things to upgrade and in what order to do it.

The only thing I really use my computer for is gaming, and watching movies/HD videos.

So I suppose I need to post my current specs ! :

Windows 7 Rating : 5.5
    3.00 Gigs of Ram
    32 Bit Software

Hardware:
    Display Adapter :ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    Processors : AMD Phenom 8550 Triple Core Processor
    AMD Phenom 8550 triple core processor
    AMD phenom 8550 triple core processor

At this point i'm mostly lagging alot and want to have smoother gameplay.
    If your looking for any other type of information let me know and ill post it ASAP
    Also I was wondering if your monitor can effect game smoothness? I have a 22" LCD flatscreen, unsure of the response time. It was kinda cheap though =x.

Thanks, please let me know if there's anything I can do to improve it !

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The monitor has little effect, just the quality the image is displayed at and that would be overall not just in games, but not the smoothness of game play.

Is there a game its having trouble with? Is this a custom built system or big box brand system?

What is the exact model of the 4600 series card you have? It should tell you in the ATI Catalyst Control Center under Hardware.

3. andrew2802

Philips 230E is what it says in the control center beside my graphics card, is that what your looking for?

Also I have everything set to "Performance" in the settings.

The games i play are all MMORPGS, thats the only ones im concerned about playing :).
    WoW, Aion, FF14 when it comes out :)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Phillips 230E would be your monitor. Looks like a decent monitor.

You're specs should be fine for those games except FF14 which isn't out yet and doesn't have official requirements posted.

Are you having any game issues?

5. andrew2802

Well i'm only running at about 20-30 FPS with high graphics on, i'd really love to be up around 50-60ish, It's fine when playing in like a cave or dungeon area but in large landscape areas even just spinning my camera will lag me horribly

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice