1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Power Supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arnshrty, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arnshrty

arnshrty Thread Starter

:(I have an Asus Pundit P1-PH1 and want to upgrade the power supply. The current PS is 250w and would like to upgrade to a 300-350w. It's a P4, 24-pin mainboard, need molex, and SATA. I'm having some problems finding ones that will fit. The dimensions are 4.75"L x 4.75"W x 3"D (121mm x 121mm x 76mm). I can't go any bigger dimension wise for space reasons. Thanks in advance.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

They come in standard sizes. If yours is an oddball, you may have to get one from the manufacturer, or rig it somehow to hold a different size. I wouldn't just go up 100 watts, though. If you are going to upgrade, and especially if you buy one that could be used later on a different machine, I wouldn't go lower than 500 watts.

3. arnshrty

arnshrty Thread Starter

I have it lying around and going to use it for a media center. I'm upgrading the processor to P4 3.8ghz and twinx ram. I just don't feel 250w cuts it for anything useful, but I also know that I will never put anything in its current case to necessitate 500w.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice