1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cheifbobo, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheifbobo

cheifbobo Thread Starter

I have a hp pavilion DV7-1273CL. The processor is a Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6400. I want to go faster. Whats the next one or two steps up than my original processor, and what will fit my dv7-1273CL? Thank you

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

In most laptops the Processor is not upgradeable. A Laptop of that vintage if it is upgradeable, the upgrade plus the labor would probably be as much as the laptop is worth. And it would not add appreciably to it's value.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

HP Pavilion dv7-1273cl Entertainment Notebook PC (NB247UA#ABA)

It comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit and 4 GB of RAM.

It's running a 64-bit operating system, so you should max it out with 8 GB of RAM.

It uses 200-pin DDR2 PC2-6400(DDR2-800), 1.8 volt, unbuffered, non-ECC SODIMM modules.

--------------------------------------------------------

As Jay already said, the majority of laptops aren't processor-upgradeable.

Adding more RAM is usually the only hardware upgrade option.

--------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141279