Upgrading processor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uriah

AMD 2700+ in my current PC? Thats a chipset right..?

Yes I might look into getting a good graphics card

Not in your current PC... I dont think the socket type is right, is it?
That is a processor, not a chipset.

If you want a new graphics card you have to know what type of slots your motherboard has, AGP, PCI, PCI-express. Im guessing it just has PCI, maybe AGP if your lucky.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That's correct. It's the CPU. The socket (Socket A for example) for the CPU is different to the one you have now. I was only speculating if you were to build a new one.

As for the graphics... You may get away with AGP 4x. If not then you can go for a PCI card. (don't get confused with the new PCIex card)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online