1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Ram for laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazyzer0, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazyzer0

crazyzer0 Thread Starter

the main reason im upgrading ram for my laptop that has 512 mb is to run the games faster on my laptop since its got 32mb vram. all my friends said there is no way i can upgrade graphic card for laptop. so when i was looking for ram, there were PC3200, 2700 2100, etc... my computer has pc2700 memory right now but do i have to install pc2700 in it?
    i also heard there are limits for how much memory the laptop can hold. is that true?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Your system memory and video memory are two completely different things. You can normally upgrade your system memory up to the limit the motherboard chipset can handle so yes there are limts to the amount of memory you can add. If your motherboard supports RAM speeds higher than PC2700 go for it, but you will more than likely have to do some adjustments once you do this. Contact the manufacturer or consult their web site to see exactly what the upgrade path is.

3. crazyzer0

crazyzer0 Thread Starter

so is adding ram gonna change anything to the game speed?
    if it doesnt, what does it change?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice