Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrading RAM from 4GB to 12GB: Gaming Performance

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Saverioretro 
#1 ·
I have HP ProBook 440 G1. I have 4GB of RAM right now. Will it increase my gaming performance after upgrading it with 8GB RAM i.e. 12GB in total. Currently I'm playing Fortnite(Battle Royale) which have high rate of FPS drops. At a moment it's on 60FPS and next it will be on 5FPS. Will Upgrading my RAM help me getting this issue solved or nearly solved? I have latest drivers from AMD updated with Radeon Adrenaline Software. I have AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M (1GB). Here is my Computer Specification from your SysInfo Tool and Dxdiag.
Hope anyone does reply with some suggestions.

Specification with your SysInfo Tool:-
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 3977 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 456 GB (366 GB Free); D: 457 GB (290 GB Free); E: 12 GB (1 GB Free); F: 1 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1944
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Specifications with Dxdiag:-
Attached with this Question.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I suspect you are using the integrated graphics from the Intel CPU as shown on the System Information on your post
To use the AMD discrete graphics card the 8600/8700M
try this
Switching to the dedicated AMD GPU
- First, open Radeon Settings. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Navigate to Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings.
- Select the game from the list of applications. If it is not in the list, click the Add Application button and select the *.exe-file of the game from the game's installation directory. This adds the game to the list and you'll be able to select it afterwards.
- In the column Graphics Settings, assign the High Performance profile to the game.

Finally, apply your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated AMD GPU.

You may also find this useful
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03048374

and one from AMD
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.