Upgrading RAM in old netbook - RAM speed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cloudburst7

Hi all

I have an old netbook which came with 1Gb RAM installed. It has an n2800 processor (1.86GHz) which is compatible with 4Gb but it seems the Motherboard is only compatible with 2Gb, so I'm looking at switching the RAM to 2Gb.

When searching to buy, I noticed that i can buy RAM at different speeds. Is there any advantage in going for a faster speed or is it likely to be limited by processor and motherboard? The choices are 667, 1333 and 1600 MHz.

Any advice much appreciated.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The brand name and model name and exact model number of the netbook would be helpful.

Yes, the motherboard and processor would be the limiting speed of the RAM.

-------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You appear to actually have an ASUS Eee PC 1025CE 10.1" netbook.

It appears it came with 1 GB of DDR3-1066(PC3-8500) RAM.
You can confirm that by looking at the label on the 1 GB module already in it.

The 1 GB module can be replaced with a 2 GB module of the same specs.

-----------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.