Upgrading RAMin my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Travioli

I aminterested in getting Windows Cista in a couple of weeks and want to beef up my computer before I do. I purchased a DELL model E510 back in late October/early November. I have 512mB of RAM when I go to set-up when the computer starts up it shows I have (2) 256mB sticks for a totalof 512mB. i want to get atleast a gig in there so can I simply just purchase a 512 stick or does all the memory have to match i.e. (4) 256 sticks to equal 1 gig? This is what is cuurently on my computer and this is what I want to buy from NewEgg.

DELL Ram I have

Tech Specs

Form Factor Memory Speed
DIMM 240-pin ( PC2-4200 )
Storage Capacity Technology
256 MB DDR II SDRAM
Type Upgrade Type
DRAM System specific
Product Description Compatible Slots
Kingston memory - 256 MB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR II 1 x memory - DIMM 240-pin
OEM Manufacturer Equivalent Part Number
DELL A0375076, DELL A0375062

NewEgg Ram I want to buy
Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) System Memory Model KVR533D2N4/1G - Retail
Item #: N82E16820144151

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Travioli

Thanks I will give it a try when I get home. Any idea how to upgrade my video card as well. I have a 128mB ATI card now. I amjust trying to avoid buying from DLL since they are so much more money.

Thanks,

Travis

bonk

Banned
You mean your thinking of upgrading your Video card to 256mb or similar?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online