upgrading sony hd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

recom

hi
i am upgrading a sony vaio model pcg-941c hd from 10gig to 80gig
not sure if it will work or if it will be recognise in the bios, i have upgraded the memory from 64 to 256, as you can see it is a old machine
any help welcomed
recom

I can't seem to find any specs on that model. What country are you in?

There's a pretty good chance that the 80gb HDD will be recognized. Computers that old usually only had problems with HDDs that were larger than 120gb or so.

You still have the Restore CD?

recom

hi
thanks for your reply
sorry about the mistake in the model, the model is sony vaio PCG-F801
yes i have the restore cd with ME on them would like to upgrade to xp
many thanks
recom

I'd not recommend upgrading to XP... It'll be painfully slow with the 533 MHz??? CPU, max 256 MB RAM...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online