Upgrading the components in my motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kannan.2000

i have a
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 DDR3 HDMI DVI USB 3.0 760G AM3+ based Motherboard
and I relly wanna upgrade my GPU and CPU I bought a pre built and I cannot run cold war I wanna know what is the best GPU and CPU to upgrade to thanks!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If your computer can load its Windows operating system and has an internet connection, please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Also provide the description and wattage of the power supply.

--------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

As for a video card, as Frank pointed out, you need to list the exact pw supply you are using.

Kannan.2000

so should I upgrade my motherboard along with everything else? also if so can you or will you help me pick out a gaming mother board must have ddr3 RAM thank you so much

crjdriver

so should I upgrade my motherboard along with everything else? also if so can you or will you help me pick out a gaming mother board must have ddr3 RAM thank you so much
You have the same problem; ddr3 has been obsolete for a while now. No modern motherboard uses ddr3.

Kannan.2000

oh well i just got 2 sticks of ddr3 ram for Christmas so I'm kinda stuck with it but thank

I assume you are talking about Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Here are the specs for the computer I built back in 2011 and upgrade a few times after that.
MBD: GA-990FXA-UD3 (1.0)
CPU: AMD FX8350
RAM: GSkill RipjawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600
GPU: Asus GTX560 (1GB)
P/S: Antec TP-650 (650 watts)
O/S: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

It looks like your motherboard has similar capabilities even though your motherboard probably came out in 2016. The problem is all that became obsolete a year later when AMD came out with Ryzen CPUs.

It all depends upon what games you want to play. I suggest you check the following web site. You can download an app that will determine if your computer can play a particular game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War System Requirements
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war?p=73929#systemrequirements

Can I Run It?
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Here are the results for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on my old computer.
As you can see my old computer does not even meet the minimum requirements.
BTW. it is better to go with the "Recommended" requirements if you want enjoyable game play.
1609543019556.jpeg

1609543038269.jpeg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online