1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrading to nvidia on older comp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nymb09, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nymb09

nymb09 Thread Starter

im considering moving my nvidia geforce fx 5200 (128mb i think) from my newer computer to my older dell dimension 4100 (obviously im going to buy a better graphics card for the newer computer) but anyway,i was wondering if this dell dimension 4100 would be able to handle the 5200, i have a PIII 863Mhz, 384 MB ram, windows xp professional sp2, 10Gb of free space left, and my current graphics card is Radeon 7200 Family Series 32mb...

2. brite750

brite750

You have to find what type of agp slot you have on the old pc agp2x, etc.

3. brite750

brite750

what i'm finding says it's a agp 4x so the 5200 should be good, the 5200's are 8x but will run at 4x, there might be a setting in bios that you will have to change though, read your manual about agp or video settings in your bios.

4. nymb09

nymb09 Thread Starter

how can i figure out what speed my agp port is?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice