1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading to windows 98 second edition

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tempcold, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tempcold

tempcold Thread Starter

Hi

i have windows 98 installed on my computer but want to upgrade to second edition 98. I have the disc and have tried to upgrade but when i start to install it a message comes up saying that i can't and that i need some upgrade first. I can't uninstall windows 98 either as i am using FAT32 which means the uninstall won't work. Can anyone help me as i realy don't know how i am going to upgrade to windows 98 second edition or what upgrade i am supposed to get. Hope this makes sense

2. mobo

mobo

Does it say the exact upgrade you need on the error page ?

3. tempcold

tempcold Thread Starter

no it doesn't say which one

4. mobo

mobo

And how were you attempting to do the upgrade ?Did you insert the cd then go to srart / run and use D:\setup ?

5. tempcold

tempcold Thread Starter

no i just put it in and waited for it to run automatically

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice