Upgrading to XP Pro on 2nd machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CLPalmer

I upgarded to XP Pro about a year and a half ago on my desktop. I just bought a new laptop with XP Home and I'd like to use the same XP Pro upgrade disk that I used for the desktop to upgarde the laptop. What issues/problems could I run in to if I used that same disk on the laptop?

http://www.project280z.com

Here is an excerpt from the Microsoft license for WinXP:

"Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Product on a single computer,
such as a workstation, terminal or other device (“Workstation Computer”). The Product may not be used by
more than two (2) processors at any one time on any single Workstation Computer."

The short answer... it's not legal. You are only licensed to run your XP disk on one (1) computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online