1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrading video card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brenster4, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenster4

Brenster4 Thread Starter

i have the gigabyte GA-6VA7+ mobo want to install the apollo geforce fx 5200 256 MB video card. is this possible? i can get the drivers in and into windows, but there are input/output conflicts with system memory, which i cannot change. can i put this card in or am i wasting time? if not, which 3D graphics card can i install that it will work. thanks for your time.

i also have 320MB SDRAM, a 230 watt power supply, P3 800EB processor intel. i tried upgrading power supply, but i didn't have the 12 volt connector on my board. any ideas there? thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    "i tried upgrading power supply, but i didn't have the 12 volt connector on my board"

If you mean the 4 power plug, then thats not a problem. Only certain motherboards that have a connector need it. If yours does not have it then it doesn't need it - leave it unplugged.

Not sure on your video card problem, but try to enter the BIOS and find the setting for ASSIGN IRQ TO VGA and enable that. You can also uninstall your current drivers and downlaod the latest from www.nvidia.com - you must have DIRECTX 9.0 install which you can get from Windows Update.

3. zeddy

zeddy

I am not sure that that board will work with 1.5v video cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!