1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading Video Card

Discussion in 'Games' started by aryiae339, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aryiae339

aryiae339 Thread Starter

I have a problem starting up a game...and it always results in a Blue Screen Of Death....i have been told to upgrade my video card from the manufacturers website.....my Video Card is Mobile Intel 965 Epress Chipset Family..but i cant find out how to upgrade it .....could someone help me ....mabey by telling me how:D....or posting a link to the website which will let me do it?

I need to upgrade my Video card becuase this game wont play....and is always resulting in a Blue Screen Of Death....My Video Card is Moblie Intel 965 Express Chipset Family....but i dont know how to upgrade it....help?someone? Mabey post a link to a web which will allow me to upgrade it?

2. BG-0

BG-0

Please don't post duplicate threads, that's usually a good way just to get ignored.
    Next, we need your computer model, or at least your motherboard, power supply and case models if it's not a factory-built computer.
    Look for stickers on its side, etc, or if it's a custom-built computer, use PC Wizard to find out its complete specs.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    As you say your video card is a Mobile Intel 965 Express I would assume you are talking about a laptop/notebook? If that is the case it is unlikely you can upgrade it, there are some that can be done but the majority can't.

As BG says, the make and model of the machine would be useful.

4. hulkinator

hulkinator

What is the model of your computer?

See if there is an updated driver for the 965 card you have or perhaps for your game. The BSOD is much more often caused by a bad driver/faulty game software than by having insufficient horsepower.

The other possibility is you have added too much hardware for your power supply, or that your power supply is getting weak. If it cannot deliver enough power during high demand situations (like gaming) you will BSOD.

If upgrading really is the only option you can only do so if you have a desktop. Laptop graphics cards prettymuch cannot be upgraded.

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi aryiae339

I have merged your threads. Please do not create duplicate threads.
    Continue replies for this issue in this thread.
    Thank you.

6. aryiae339

aryiae339 Thread Starter

Operating System
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor a
    2.10 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)

Drives
    MATSHI TA DVD-R UJ-867 [CD-ROM drive]
    FUJITSU MHY2120BH [Hard drive] (120.03 GB

System Model
    Apple Inc. MacBook4,1 1.0

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: Apple Inc. Mac-F22788A9 PVT
    Serial Number: 1
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Apple Inc. MB41.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091535 02/09/08

Display
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)
    Apple [Monitor]

Hope that Helps

7. pollymiller

pollymiller

as the other posters have said, it might or might not be able to be upgraded, yours sounds like onboard graphics, but i do know of some laptops that you can get gfx cards for, the the blue screen of death (BSOD) is most commonly caused my bad drivers or poorly seated hardware, but in your case i think it may be a driver unless something has come loose inside, update all, do a bit of maintenance see how it goes, contact the supplier or brand and enquire about upgrades:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice