Upgrading win98se to xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnny Do

Hi,
before I intall the WinXP upgrade, the report indicated to me that I have a hardware that might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP. Under the "Sound, video and game controllers" category, the hardware listed is CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device. I don't know what this device is and don't know if it is neccessary to have this device to work on windows Xp. If I need this, how do I make it compatible?
Thanks for your help.

Johnny Do

Hi,
I went to the website that you showed me but I don't know specifically where to look for the driver. Can you show me how to get that driver?.....Details please..Thanks

Johnny Do

hi,
thanks. I found the driver on this website. But I am not sure how to update this driver. Please tell me what to do. Should I install it now or I have to wait after I upgraded to windowxp?

Install it now, but keep the file around incase you need to reinstall it for some reason.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online