1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading win98se to xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Johnny Do, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Johnny Do

Johnny Do Thread Starter

Hi,
    before I intall the WinXP upgrade, the report indicated to me that I have a hardware that might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP. Under the "Sound, video and game controllers" category, the hardware listed is CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device. I don't know what this device is and don't know if it is neccessary to have this device to work on windows Xp. If I need this, how do I make it compatible?
    Thanks for your help.

2. brianF

brianF

3. Johnny Do

Johnny Do Thread Starter

Hi,
    I went to the website that you showed me but I don't know specifically where to look for the driver. Can you show me how to get that driver?.....Details please..Thanks

4. brianF

brianF

5. Johnny Do

Johnny Do Thread Starter

hi,
    thanks. I found the driver on this website. But I am not sure how to update this driver. Please tell me what to do. Should I install it now or I have to wait after I upgraded to windowxp?

6. brianF

brianF

Install it now, but keep the file around incase you need to reinstall it for some reason.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice