UPHClean wipes out the wallpaper.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JaneLame

Greetings!

I had an issue with an XP machine that refused to load, thanks to files with way too long names in the user profile. I searched the web and came up with a good solution: a program named UPHClean that reset the broken profile and solved the issue.

However, the issue is that this software also reset the wallpaper every time I log. I change it manually, and once I relog it's back to blank. Sounds marginal, I know, but it's a public library PC and the wallpaper in subject also warns the user to save his/her files, lest they'd be removed once the PC reboots. So the wallpaper is quite necessary.

Any suggestions? I googled this topic and came up with nothing. Any aid would do. On a wild guess I'd say that UPHClean changed something on the registry, but I haven't the foggiest idea what exactly.

Things I already tried: uninstalling UPHClean, changing the user's perms from regular user to admin. Thanks!

LagunaGTO

Account Closed
If you make another user account, does the same thing happen? If not, why not just make a new profile and wipe this corrupt one out?

If it is a public computer in a library why do you let users save anything to it? It should be locked down to only allow for basic functionality. And giving the user admin rights is the worst possible thing you could do. You should look into something that will revert the computer back to default after each login no matter what changes a user has made.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online