1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upload Images hp photosmart 435 to Windows ME

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by terry41, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terry41

terry41 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I hope somebody can help me. I have been trying (for what seems like forever) to upload my pics from my hp photosmart 435 digital camera to my computer. I have tried everything possible. Nothing seems to work. I have checked the USB cable, unistalled software, re-installed it, refreshed USB cable, change USB configuration on camera to disk drive- and just about everything else.

I am a beginner with camera and computer, so I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, I just don't know what it is.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this working?

One thing I noticed when I install hp software, when it should prompt you to attach camera to computer, it doesn't give me that option, instead, in order to proceed, I have to check a box that says, "Install without connecting device." Could this be the problem? I don't think my computer is recognizing I even have a camera. When I do hook up the camera to the computer all the screen on my camera reads is, "Connecting to computer" It never changes.

Any ideas? I am desperate to solve this, it is driving me absolutely crazy!

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

does it show as a removable drive in windows explorer?

3. terry41

terry41 Thread Starter

buck52,

No, it doesn't show that it is a removeable disk either.

Terry41

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The clue is that you have to proceed with an unattached device, your system USB is not recognising anything is connected.

I wonder if the motherboard drivers are loaded?

In Control Panel - System - Device Manager, are there any yellow exclamation marks hext to and devices?

5. terry41

terry41 Thread Starter

kiwiguy,
    No, I checked the Control Panel, there are no exclamation points anywhere.

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Do you have any other USB devices? Are they working from the same socket?

Can't eliminate anything basic, such as no connection to the socket inside the case?

7. terry41

terry41 Thread Starter

kiwiguy,

Nothing else is running off of the USB device. Haven't even used it until I tried to hook up the camera to try and unload the pics.

Thank you for all of your efforts. I really appreciate it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice