1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upload Muliple Files From URL to FTP dropbox ect

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by mwtg, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwtg

mwtg Thread Starter

Hello Everyone!

Once a month i have to download a list of files (ranging from 2mb to 3GB+), then upload it to drop box. (im making backups). Because of my slow upload speed along with the number if files increasing, it takes about 2 weeks to upload everything.

What im wanting to do is give the list of files to a program or script (on my system or hosted on my server) and have it move it for me, bypassing my laptop.

I can use FTP, Webdav, Dropbox, or livedrive to do this.

Anyone know how i can do this? The files are .tar.gz.

I would like either a web based program or if needed a local one. Im running Windows 7 and ubuntu.

Thanks everyone.

2. maceto

maceto

I would look at http://www.thruinc.com, will cost you a few dollars, but no limit on files (store/upload) or speed as have data centres in several parts of the world

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!