1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

uploading images to a website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by mikey585, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

Hi folks

Very new to websites and iam a bit confused.I was wanting to save and upload pics from a website to upload onto another website.
    I,ve managed to save the pics on my computer ( in my pictures ) but i now want to transfer them onto another website which is mine so i have webmaster rights on both accounts.
    The pics are in gif and jpg, jpeg , how do i upload them to another site and what software do i need? i thought i was getting there but only get error messages and the dreded red x box ie no picture!

Any help would be much appreciated

mikey

2. southernlady

southernlady

Mickey, what hosting site are you using. That would help us help you. Is it someone like geocities or someone like charter? Liz

3. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

The webhost is creativeresearch

4. southernlady

southernlady

So you need to use an FTP program? Liz

5. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

i dont know do i ? . i only want to transfer pics from websites to my computer then onto another website

mikey

6. Rockn

Rockn

Right click on picture you want to save and select "save picture as" then do whatever you want with it. Most people frown on using their images on other web sites.

7. southernlady

southernlady

I think she's gotten that far...what she needs now is a FTP program and a crash course in how to use one and since I am still VERY new at using one myself, would you do the honors? Liz

8. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

It,s not anything to do with nicking other peoples web images .I will be using a dropshippers image to sell stuff so i need there pics , so i can upload the image onto my site.When i try to upload the image through my webmaster area it doesnt do it Rockn

Regrds
    mikey

9. doggard

doggard

Ermm...................the word copyright comes to mind here.Just because somwone posts an image does not make it copyright free unless specified so.

10. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

Copyright!!? your having a laugh arent you ? . If you sell items on the net which you purchase from a wholesaler youve got to have an image of the item for people to see, thats all i,am doing .If i thought it would be this much bother i wouldnt have came on here

regrds

mikey

11. southernlady

southernlady

Why ASSUME she got them from a source that was ILLEGAL??? For all y'all know she may have gotten them the same way I DO AS linkware???? BUT no, YOU TWO have TO assume the WORST of people right off the BAT and accuse them of something.

Can't you JUST HELP HER instead of sitting judgment on her? Liz

12. mikey585

mikey585 Thread Starter

Thanks southernlady! cheers!! .Think things in US always seem to revolve around PEOPLE GETTING UP TO DODGY STUFF EH! what is it all about.

Lets get it straight here folks Copyright:- n. legal exclusive right to print and publish books,articles,works of art etc etc etc, if you buy something from a wholesaler to sell on through a shop, store ,website, market stall , etc dont you have rights to sell it ?

Otherwise be a bit pointless making it in the first place!!! eh

regrds

mikey

13. doggard

doggard

Get off your high horses the pair of you.
    I did not assume anything I stated the fact that many images on the internet are copyright and unless specifically stated cannot be used be it on your website or anywhere else for that fact.This also covers those posted by many suppliers which are also generally covered by copyright.
    You posted that you had taken them from
    which may well be copyright,you did not say if you had asked permission from the webmaster to reuse these images nor did you say they were you own.
    I suggest you post with more information next time because based on what you have writen many more people are likely to take the same tack.

14. southernlady

southernlady

Besides, there ARE sites out there that GIVE graphics away for use on PERSONAL sites, or haven't these PEOPLE every looked for graphics themselves???

Here is an example: http://www.cottagegroup.com/cottagerow/index.html

Now this one is unusual in that she is offering her's free for commercial as well as personal. Most charge for commercial. Liz

15. southernlady

southernlady

doggard, maybe not, but did you happen to notice the word BEGINNER next to her name??? And the fact that she is ONLY up to 6 posts? So she made a syntax error, you want to roast her on a stake? She may not speak English as her native language for all you know? Y'all are reading an awful lot into stuff and assuming things. Come down off YOUR high horse about stealing stuff, ok? Liz

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice