1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upper Limits

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hra246, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hra246

hra246 Thread Starter

I have a list of people numbering in the 100's that I want to send a message to. Does Outlook have upper limits after which they will penalize me? This is not spam in that the members are, indeed, awaiting my messages. Howie

2. BillC

BillC

Outlook is only your e-mail client for sending and receiving mail. No penalty there. You should be able to do what you want.

3. hra246

hra246 Thread Starter

so you're saying that I can send out 100 emails with one message and they won't "close me down"? My friend is saying that Outlook once closed him down because he sent out too many emails at a time. Can this be true? Could it have been true at one time?

4. BillC

BillC

You can send 100 messages if you want. And as I mentioned above, Outlook can not shut you down. Outlook is only a e-mail client (program) running on your computer. Your friend doesn't seem to have all the facts correct. I've never heard of anyone having a problem for sending too much e-mail as long as it was legal.

5. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

You should definitely be able to send to 100 people at one time using Outlook. Be aware, though, that some of the recipients may have spam filters that will block your message due to the number of people on the list.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/291206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice