UPS Battery dead - APC UPS 1000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

river

Hi all,

I have never had to replace a UPS system before. I was just wondering can a battery actually be replaced or is it just the done thing to go and purchase a new UPS system?

Any replies here will be greatly received.

R

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I've replaced them before. Depending on what you paid for the unit, it may be more cost effective to buy a new one. I took mine into a Batteries Plus type of a place, and they even installed it for me ;) My APC UPS 650 was around $35 I think.

If it's still under warranty, APC will ship you a new unit, and you just put that one back in the box and return it to them. I did that a few years ago as well..not sure what their policy is currently.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I just replaced the batteries in my APC 1100VA unit, it was cheaper than I could find a new one. OTOH, for smaller units, I've generally found that I can find a new one for a similar price, complete with new batteries.

river

Thank you both for your replies and advise, it is greatly appreciated.

R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online