UPS USB-to-RS232 Converter and Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JANSHIM

I have an old trusty 2000VA UPS that has an RS232 communications port and I wonder if there's some way I can get Windows 7 64-bit to see the UPS via a USB converter cable. This UPS does not come with any Windows 7 driver or management software, Is buying a new UPS the only way forward if i want to protect my ASUS Republic of Gamers Core i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz machine?

Triple6

Rob
The UPS doesn't have to be connected to the PC via USB or serial to protect it so you can use it as is.

Buy it will likely work for management with a USB to Serial adapter, Windows 7 has built in support for many APC UPS's out of the box. You may also find newer APC software for your model on the APX website.

JANSHIM

The UPS isn't an APC one. I was referring to whether it's possible to hook up a non-APC UPS for unattended shutdown. Can Windows 7 communicate with my PROLINK unit, I wonder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online