1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent Acces Help Needed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by qshaz, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qshaz

qshaz Thread Starter

Hi, I have a few problems with an access database that my boss needs for tommorow. Im clueless at VBscripting and a lot of advaned access stuff and thats what I need here! HELP! I need to do three things in my database. This is a small fund managment database, people just log in enter or view fund info, see the returns and thats it. What is tough is the details (at least for me). Since I'm such a newbie at this, I have recycled a friends database, and done a cut and paste job but there are some places where I am stuck. I have a small User table of all users and passwords, and a login form. When someone logins in using their password, I set this form as invisble so that I can still read the current user logged in. Now what I need to do is this 1)read the current user logged in (easy, just read off the field, reference the field in this form since its still open), and then record his history (all notes he adds rather to each fund) into the notes table which is a subform in the funtable, and then lock it so noone else can edit it (this is so that no one can pass on others opinions as theirs, etc) 2)somehow allow users to enter in weekly returns for a fund but the month and the weeks should be the field names and the month end return should be automatically calculated) 3)Provide access levels for everyone and only allow the user who is logged in to change his password *ONLY*..i can get him to change others as well currently. HELP!! I have 12 hours to go, and any help you can give me is much appreciated! Or maybe tell me where I can get it! And thanks a lot!

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

hi qshaz, welcome to TSG. Wish I could tell you All You Wish To Know, but no way I can fit what I learned in about three years into 12 hours. (Or less now?) There's a lot of (rapid) Access activity at www.tek-tips.com, you might try breaking down your questions one at a time there. But what you're talking about requires VBA, and if you can't understand it you're going to have a very hard time working through your problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice