Solved URGENT Computer permanently in standby mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wolfrik

Hello, I need help ASAP. I'm a rookie in computer things, and I was practicing taking apart and putting back together my computer. Suddenly my tower is in permanent standby mode. I am using a Inspirion 560, running Windows 10. I'm sure it's not a monitor problem, I use dual monitors so chances are at least one of em would have worked on boot up. I also know that all cables are plugged in completely and correctly. Fans turn on, orange light on tower pops up, nothing different happens when I restart it. I need this answered ASAP, I need the computer for work and I don't have a replacement. Please help me!!

. I'm a rookie in computer things, and I was practicing taking apart and putting back together my computer
that is a dangerous thing to do especially when u only have one computer AND u need it for work!!!!!

reseat the TWO power plugs on the motherboard (20/24 pin and the 4/8 pin plugs)
also take out the memory and reinstall them....... this is with the power plug in the back of the tower REMOVED

Wolfrik

that is a dangerous thing to do especially when u only have one computer AND u need it for work!!!!!

reseat the TWO power plugs on the motherboard (20/24 pin and the 4/8 pin plugs)
also take out the memory and reinstall them....... this is with the power plug in the back of the tower REMOVED
I did what you said, I removed power cord, took out the 8 pin power connector and the 24 pin power connector, took out then replaced the ram, plugged the power cord back in, still in standby. It's not goingoing into post. I am not gettingoing any error beaps, I'm also turning it on, then it shuts down by itself then coming back on automatically.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Inspiron 560 desktop?

Have you added/replaced anything to its original hardware?

-------------------------------------------------------------

That model desktop has never been tested by Dell for Windows 10 and was designed for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Was it working okay with Windows 10 before you started taking things apart?

Wolfrik

Yes sir, windows 10 was working fine. As for me replacing parts, absolutely not. I have not changed any hardware. The service tag is "6TC8HQ1".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The service tag is "6TC8HQ1".
According to that service tag number, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 560 minitower desktop.
It originally shipped in July 2011 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
I'm not able to determine if yours came with integrated graphics or with a dedicated graphics card.

Here's a diagram of its motherboard from its on-line manual.
Click on each image to enlarge and view it.

mobo.JPG

specs.jpg

Wolfrik

According to that service tag number, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 560 minitower desktop.
It originally shipped in July 2011 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
I'm not able to determine if yours came with integrated graphics or with a dedicated graphics card.

Here's a diagram of its motherboard from its on-line manual.
Click on each image to enlarge and view it.

View attachment 250908

View attachment 250909

Yes that's it, I can confirm that it does have integrated graphics.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here is a diagram of its rear ports.
It appears to have integrated VGA and HDMI graphic ports.
You mentioned having 2 monitors connected to that desktop, so I wasn't sure what the cable connection setup is.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------

As far as that desktop being in continual standby mode, I'm not sure what to advise you without being there.
Have you tried removing the round CMOS battery for several minutes after unplugging and discharging all the power from that desktop?
You might also try setting the BIOS to its default settings.

Wolfrik

Here is a diagram of its rear ports.
It appears to have integrated VGA and HDMI graphic ports.
You mentioned having 2 monitors connected to that desktop, so I wasn't sure what the cable connection setup is.

View attachment 250910

View attachment 250911

As far as that desktop being in continual standby mode, I'm not sure what to advise you without being there.
Have you tried removing the round CMOS battery for several minutes after unplugging and discharging all the power from that desktop?
You might also try setting the BIOS to its default settings.

How would I reset bios settings? I have taken out the cmos battery and left it out with the jumper on the 2-3 position all night. If you'd like I can upload pictures for you to see.

If u have taken out the cmos battery........u have already reset the bios to default

When u took it apart did u take off the heatsink/fan OFF of the cpu?

crjdriver

One other thing however I am sure it is not causing your current problem. Win 10 is not a supported os for your system. See this quote from the support page;
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online