1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Urgent] Computer screen color change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shadyvip0wnZy0u, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadyvip0wnZy0u

shadyvip0wnZy0u Thread Starter

Hello, it's been a while since i've been on the forums requesting help. Well recently I rebooted my PC and everything's been fine. My Norton 360 program requested that it is to be updated, and as I commenced with the update, my screen suddenly turns bluish, as if my monitor settings have been changed somehow. Now, I am having difficulty viewing colored font and images such as red, orange, pink, etc. in the appropriate color. For example, anything such as images/text that is supposedly red on my screen, now appears as black. It all looks quite dull. I can still view everything on my screen, but it's seems that everything is now "tinted" if you may, and isn't displaying the appropriate color.I tried restarting my computer, but the problem continues to happen even further. My screen is not at it's regular state, and I am once again requesting help from the members of this community. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. shadyvip0wnZy0u

Just a little bump.

3. shadyvip0wnZy0u

4. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

Try changing your video resolution higher or lower. Still the same you lost one of the color guns on your monitor. Its replacement time.

5. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    If you have other software that configures display settings, check that too (NVIDIA, ATI and Intel cards/chipsets have additional settings in Control Panel).

There is no reason for a Norton update to do that, by any means.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!