1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent!: Flash Playback Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by KugarWeb, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KugarWeb

KugarWeb Thread Starter

Hi there,

I am currently working on an urgent Flash project and have run into trouble when playing the movie back as it seems to become "impatient" and begins playing the first item before it has finished playing back the entire movie although I believe I have done everything correctly. I have tried inputting actionscript into the layers which have finished playing but this does not seem to solve the problem.

Below is a screenshot of my timeline which shows the first section ending and where the next video begins.

[​IMG]

2. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

So is the problem when it loops or is it in the middle of playback?

3. KugarWeb

KugarWeb Thread Starter

Yes, it's in the middle of playback when it plays the video section. :)

4. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

I'm not sure if this will work, but you could try putting stop(); and then gotoAndPlay(222); in the frame before the video is meant to start. Also, you could put an invisible preloader to regulate when it's meant to start. I'm not sure if those ideas will work, but it's worth a try.;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice