URGENT hel needed. audio recording question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alih786

i want to convert AUDIO TAPES TO DIGITAL MP3. I know how to do that, ive got all the quipment, cables, tape recorder etc.. and software recording is WAVEPAD

after i recorded the sound from the Line In Source, i click on play. everthing plays fine, nothign wrong with that, its just 1 small simple problem, i just cant figure out. THE SOUND ONLY PLAYS ON 1 SIDE OF THE SPEAKER!

i have been trying to work out this problem for months. and couldnt. i have attached 3 files.

the cables i use is RCA and 2 adapters. -i am suspicous these are the problems, the way i connect them. i ONLY USE THE RED RCA CONNECTOR, AND HAVE USED THE WHITE CONNECTOR BEFORE. yellow is different, its for video,. red and white is for sound. I connect the red rca connector both into the adapters. and the connect both adapters to the tape recorder and pc. pictures are attached. u will understand when you see them.

anyway, are there any suggestions, any solutions to this problem. just to let u know again, the problem is, cant get any sound from 1 side of the speaker, but can on the other side. and no the speaker is NOT disconnector, i have also checked the settings.

please reply if u know any solutions asap.

Attachments

simple answer: you need the red AND the white. if you have tried that, then one of your connectors may be mono only. if they arent both like the one in the far right picture, that would be the problem.

i have included some pics of my connections to my 360.

hope this helps

Attachments

are you using recordpad to record to wavepad? if so i just looked in the settings and there is an option in the bottom of the format settings window, that allows you to select the channels that you want to record (image attached). this may be the answer. if not, then the bitrate option is there too. for bitrate i would suggest 128 since your hdd is kind of small, and you are recording tapes.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.