Urgent: Help, cannot boot or read error!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jothioch

While doing a regular restart on my computer, it decided to bug out on me. I now go to the Windows XP (Home Edition) loading screen, after which a quick BSOD flashes (cannot read it) and then the computer proceeds to reboot.

Same with all safe modes.

Then I got my XP install disk and tried to repair, but it shows up as an unknown partition with nearly all its space free.

Please help!

techkid

David
In the Windows boot options list (Safe mode, Last known good configuration etc) should be an option: Disable automatic restart on system failure.

This should allow you to see the blue screen error when it next occurs. Take notes of the error, and provide details in your next post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online