1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent: Help, cannot boot or read error!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jothioch, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jothioch

Jothioch Thread Starter

While doing a regular restart on my computer, it decided to bug out on me. I now go to the Windows XP (Home Edition) loading screen, after which a quick BSOD flashes (cannot read it) and then the computer proceeds to reboot.

Same with all safe modes.

Then I got my XP install disk and tried to repair, but it shows up as an unknown partition with nearly all its space free.

Please help!

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    In the Windows boot options list (Safe mode, Last known good configuration etc) should be an option: Disable automatic restart on system failure.

This should allow you to see the blue screen error when it next occurs. Take notes of the error, and provide details in your next post.

3. Jothioch

Jothioch Thread Starter

I don't have that option, techkid.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice