1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent....Help concering AIM...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kwiktrix123, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kwiktrix123

kwiktrix123 Thread Starter

My brother recently has been a victim of attacks by bots who warn him whether or not he has his away message on...the one i saw was "fogbot__" with the "__" being a 2 digit number....What can he do to stop this?....Several of them have attacked him....Should he just get a new sn?.....cuz its gotten to the point where it is just tiring to block them all.......

2. buckeyegurl

buckeyegurl

hmm, i would suggest just getting a new sn. that would be easiest, but he might wanna report those users who are doin that

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

He can try to call AOL and see if they can block any screen name that starts with fogbot, or ask the IT how he can do it on his own computer.

4. NicolaJane

NicolaJane

definatly call AOL or go to their online help desk.. you can talk to an AOL rep one on one and tell what is happening. I had the same problem 6 months ago when AOL was my ISP and they sorted the problem out in minutes with the offenders being banned. Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice