1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by jonathan731, Sep 12, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. jonathan731

jonathan731 Thread Starter

Please guys i need urgent help. I have a big project to do for tommorrow. I somehow saved another document with the same name and overwrote all the hard work I did is there some way that i could recover that. PLEASE I HOPE THEIRS SOME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!could someone answer quick so that i can get started again if i can't...

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Try a system restore if you are running XP or ME. Go to a point before you dissed your project.

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

You need to post what program you used to do the document and maybe someone can help you faster. Good luck! angel

4. jonathan731

i am on win XP and it has been only about 20 minutes since i did this mistake and i was using microsoft word...if i do a system restore to yesterday will the document be back there

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yep.:)

6. hewee

hewee

7. jonathan731

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH .....u saved me from a 50 pg. outline i did. Im going to restore rite now

8. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

And let me know if it worked. I am sure it will though.(y)

9. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Hey Jon, Did it work?

10. jonathan731

No it didnt work

11. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

OK, Undo the restore and try the program Hewee posted. You might be SOL. I hope not but it is possible.:(

12. hewee

hewee

I don't think a system restore will work because it see's the file you want to recover already there because you saved it with the same name.

13. jonathan731

OK...It didnt find it either i guess all hope is lost imma start again

14. hewee

hewee

Have you tried a recovery program?

Even with the program your have to look at the file names it has listed to recover. If the file you want was called jonathan731.doc and you wait longer then it may still be recoverable but it will be in the list as ?onathan731.doc. If it is like most you have to change the name or just replace the ? with j and it let you recove the file. So look again if you seen lots of files starting with ? and was thinking they are not what you was looking for.

15. jonathan731

I searched the whole list yesterday it was not there...Im almost done since yesterday i started again good thing that i remembered most of what i wrote.

Thanks alot for all your help guys i really appreciate it! :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice