urgent help needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clover65

please someone help me....i right clicked on a folder i wanted to delete...it was in 'my documents'...and i held shift down and dragged it to the recycle bin. It took all my other folders with it....i have lost all my photos in 'my pictures' folder. What can i do to recover them

First thing,
To increase the chance of recovery stop using that computer (don't even turn it off) and get online on another machine.
If its only just happened there is a good chance you will be able to get the info back. But wait for advice from someone from here with experience at recovery.

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

If you haven't yet emptied your recycle bin, right-click on it and select "Restore"...

what ever you do, don't install or write anything onto the harddrive that contained the delete data.
First, you will need to another/seperate harddrive or memory device. Next, go to this site:
http://aumha.org/a/recover.php
and scroll to the bottom. You will find a link to download the file, restoration.exe. Copy it to the seperate harddrive or memory device. Run the file, to the right, there will be a little text box, and underneath it will be a button entitled "search deleted files". If you know the names of the delete files enter it into the box, if not, just leave it black and click search. Once you find the deleted files, copy it to the seperate harddrive / memory device, NOT on the harddrive containing the deleted data.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

edit: note that you can only restore one file at a time, so if you deleted alot of stuff, well, have fun...

clover65

thank you for the replies.....they didnt go to the recycle bin..i held shift down. also i dont have access to another computer,and i only have one drive...any suggestions?

clover65

thank you everybody.......i downloaded a program called restoration...and it found all of my photos,and most of my music.This is now solved(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online