1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent Help!!!!seriously Needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jonathan731, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonathan731

jonathan731 Thread Starter

Well...
    My mom was on the pc surfing the net and then it got a BSOD. The pc did not want to restart. I tried to boot from the XP cd. I kept getting different errors. For some reason I decided to change the memory with another lying around. I had a 256mb and then added a 128mb. Then the pc worked. DOes this mean that the cause was the memory
    THIS IS A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES I GOT AND THE DRIVERS IDENTIFIED:

0x00000050
    0x0000008E
    0x0000007E
    0x00000075
    0x0000007E
    0x0000008E - SYMEVENT.SYS
    0x000000BE - ntfs.sys

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi jonathan731,
    Yes it could be memory or memory not seated properly. Also run your antivirus if you can get into the pc. Try removing the memory that was originally in the pc and just put in the new memory . See if you become unstable again.Then try reseating the 256 memory.

[​IMG]

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

4. jonathan731

I just finished a restart and found that the pc now starts with it's normal ram after removing the new ram. Im going to change the RAM to see what happens.

5. jonathan731

okay....
    I cant make the same instability occur again. I told my mom to do everything she was doing later and no error occurs with either stick of RAM.

6. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Well, Thats good !!
    Just keep an eye on it and have your mom let you know when it happens again (Lets hope not) and what she was doing !!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice