Urgent issue - Lost folder - In a panic - Please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

munkifisht

Hi there,

this has me really worried, so any help would be great. I just did a partition resize, shifting 50 GB from one drive to another using EASEUS. For some reason, a major folder has disappeared from the C drive (yes, I know I should have backed up). The thing is, when I select the properties of the C drive, it appears to be the same as before, 671GB used, but when I select the files and folders in C and check the properties, the size is 119GB (this should show you what a major folder this is to loose). I assume the folder has from some reason been unregistered. Is there anyway I can reregister it?

Try the following

1. Start > Control Panel > Folder options > View
2. Select: Show Hidden files and folders
3. Uncheck: Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
4. Uncheck: Hide extension for known file types
5. Uncheck: Hide protected operating system files

If the folder is hidden any where it should show now.

Regards
Sid

TerryNet

Terry
Obviously you want to use that partition as little as possible, preferably not at all, to prevent any more damage.

I would boot to another installed OS (if you have one) or to a bootable CD/DVD (such as a Puppy Linux Live CD) to see if the folder is still there just fine but has become "hidden" or a "system" folder in your Windows.

Second thing would be to try some data recovery software, such as Recuva data recovery or Restoration.exe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online