1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

URGENT limtied time on this pc!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by clawskitty, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clawskitty

clawskitty Thread Starter

HI, trying to get this fixed asap. Running Windows Vista business edition, amd atholan 64x2 dula core processors 4600+ 2.39ghz 32bit O/S trying to speed this thing up, tried scandisk, disk defragment, and ccleaner, need to get this thing faster, any suggestions? i also have a thread in the imaging department, my issue is the pc cant seem to move fast enough for the camera on here. Please help!!

2. techdawg667

techdawg667

What do you mean, "not fast enough"? Is there a specific problem, or the computer is veeerrryyyy sloooowww??

3. Classics

Classics

Maybe add RAM?
    Hard to tell what your problem is with so little detail.

4. clawskitty

clawskitty Thread Starter

OK, here's the whole speil. Got a LogitechQuickcam pro 9000 (version 11.8 software) Ive installed several times, and uninstalled several times. I've even done several clean installs, updated direct x and windows vista business. When i try to use the camera, the image comes through very choppy with a couple lines. Ive tried different USB ports, and Different cameras (ihave more then one of these adn the other one works fine on the other pc) When I try to record using the camera, it freezes. Not the PC, but the camera itself, it doesnt capture image or sound. Though i can take still pictures just fine.

Some times the pc says there is no camera detected, i reconnect in a different usb, and bingo, it says there's a camera, but still not able to do much.

I have found that when using the camera with Yahoo Messenger, it works a bit better then just trying to recrod a video with the Quickcam program. I can send video just fine while live streaming via yahoo, but I still cant record or save any video when just using the program itself.

The computer runs just fine with any other program, but for some reason, not this, I've been on logitechs site with no luck, and i've been on the phone with logitech themselves, and they just had me repeat everything i've already done. Going to call them again on Monday to see if they can give anymore help. I'm really perplexed at this one!

5. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

Have you tried giving the process that runs the camera "High Priority" or "Realtime?" Start the task manager (Alt-Ctl-Delete) and change the priority of the camera process. See what happens.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice