Urgent: No Video - Error Code 26

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CT-Matt

Urgent:
WinXP
I was taking a desktop computer into my work area to try to fix it.
I glanced at my main computer and saw that everything was on - even programs were up.
As I was working about a minute later, I glanced over again, and saw a blank screen .
Everything on the computer was running - hard drive, usb devices functioning, wireless keyboard receiver picking up signals from the keyboard (including Numlock on and off)

So (Thinking the hard drive crashed for some reason) I manualy restarted the computer, with the same blank screen. I turned it off completely and inserted my PCI bios analyzer card.
It progresses through post as normal, but stops with an error code (on the card) of "26". I can then hear the computer continue its boot up sequence (judging by hard drive activity) until I beleive it arives at the login screen.
At that point, I can enable and disable Num Lock on my keyboard, so I beleive the computer is just skipping the video section of its POST.

I looked "26" up in the analyzer book, and it says this:
"Enable slots 6; Initialize slot 6. Test protected mode exceptions."

This is AGP video - I took the default one out and swapped it for a known-working one. Same Result, same code.
I stuck a PCI video card in - same results.
When there is no video card in, I get these beeps:
________ _ _ : One long, 2 short

Any idea what to do?
If more information is needed, I can provide it.

This is urgent - All help appreciated.

First the easy part. The beep codes are just confirming what you already know--that there's no video card in. So that's no help.

As for the rest I'll be glad to bow out if someone tells me I'm totally wrong:eek: Slots=PCI slots?

Two things to try. Reset CMOS with the jumper on the motherboard.
Take out all add in cards except the video card.

CT-Matt

Motherboard: ECS Elitegroup KT600-A

I removed the CMOS battery and booted it up that way - Does that clear it?

I removed all cards except the video card - same.
I removed all cards and just left my analyzer in - same "26" error code.
I tried a PCI video card - nothing. :(
Just a note, the fan in the heatsink of the video card IS runnin, so its getting something from the mobo, but that doesnt mean it has a signal. Any ideas?

Yes you can reset CMOS by removing all power to the MB and taking out the battery for 10-15 minutes and replacing it.

No more ideas other than replacing parts one by one. Sorry :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online