1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

URGENT System Crash Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Creekboi, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Creekboi

Creekboi Thread Starter

Hi My name is David i own a Custom Gaming Machine the Spec's are as follows

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 Ghz
    3GB RAM
    64B Win 7 / Win xp Duel Booted (on a 500gb Harddrive)

There are 2 Active harddrives in the Machine at the moment

500gb Main HD and 1TB External HD

The external Contains 90% of the Items on the machine some Games are Run Directly From the TB harddrive

(although it is set up as an Internal it was removed from its case by my Previous Tech.)

i know my way around a computer and how to re-assemble BUT Without Proper Advice i do not Attempt to do so.

Issue at hand:

Both of the Harddrives Seem to Heat up Extreamly hot During Game play im not sure if this is normal (also with Regular use of the pc over 2-3 hours)

(regular use consists of Browsing the internet Typing Files and or Windows basic games.)

The pc will Crash out of no were No blue screen no Reset Just crash. Dead to the world.. It will reset as if nothing had happened.

This machine is used on a day to day Basis and some sort of assistance. would be appreciated

Thank you

~David.

2. bestdarncomputer

bestdarncomputer

Has the vent in either hard drive been blocked, those holes need to be left open, it drive is upside down to to close to another piece of hardware it will stil the airflow and cause the drive to over heat. A fan blowing on your external drive might not be a bad idea, it would keep it cooler atleast and maybe an extra internal fan also.

Computers will crash if they get to hot, this might be the cause. Try cooling it off and seeing if that fixes your problem. internal fans are pretty cheap on tiger direct.

3. Creekboi

Creekboi Thread Starter

I found a Short Term Solution which was to vacuum out the Computer i will be Buying a Small Internal Fan Per Harddrive and an Xtra Fan For My Graphic's Card (the Graphic's Card has its own fan already) and adding 2 more Fans to the Side and a New Rare Fan.

^.^ i hope this solves my problem i played battlefield for about 20mins today without a crash so im happy for now.

4. bestdarncomputer

bestdarncomputer

Yeah heat is the number one enemy of computers, dust, cobwebs, hair, dirt, food, anything that gets into a computers case has the ability to create heating/cooling issues and can damage the computers, cleaning out the case every few months is a great idea, vaccume is a nice way to do this, just don't get crazy with it and wield it like excalaber in the fight of your life, go slow and get when you can.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice