1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Urgent! Windows Update won't work!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Holly3278, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I need an answer to this as soon as possible because I can't download the 3 Critical Updates that I need and although I have a firewall, I hate not having Critical Updates on my computer as it leaves my computer open to security risks that can be repaired with the updates. Here's what happened. I first left my computer downloading the updates while I took a nap. I had selected more than just the critical updates though. When I came back, the middle frame that is supposed to tell you if your updates were successful or not said, "Page Not Available" or one of those other errors that you get when a webpage can't load. So, I tried downloading just the 3 critical updates and it wouldn't let me do it. At the time, I had Automatic Update running as well. I got the same error on the second try. So, I restarted my computer and have not tried it again but would like some advice just in case restarting doesn't fix it. Thanks in advance!

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey Dan! Thanks for the help but I figured out the problem. ZoneAlarm wasn't displaying notifications for new programs asking for permission to access the Internet for some reason and so it was automatically denying access to Windows Update installation. When I restarted the computer that fixed the problem but thanks anyway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice